Board Certified Avian Specialty
Bird physiology, nutrition and behavior are very different from mammals. There are only 120 board certified avian veterinarians in the United States. Board certification in avian medicine is a lengthy and difficult process. Years of experience working with birds and the mentorship of an approved avian expert are only the beginning. The candidate must also present case reports to the certification board to establish his credentials as a specialist and pass a series of very difficult exams.
Avian specialty services:
- All soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries.
- Rigid endoscopy
- Ultrasound (coelomic and cardiac)
- Full diagnostic work up ( in-house labarotary and referral laboratory)
- Radiography and interpretation.
- Hospitalization and critical care
- Behavioral consultation/training
- Dietary consultation
- Avian boarding
- In-hospital diet conversion
- Professional grooming
- Corrective Beak Repairs
- Leg band removal
- Microchip placement and identification
- Surgical Deslorelin implantation (for reproductive diseases)
Additional services to our clients include:
- House calls during business hours or after hours
- After hour emergencies